Microsoft WebMatrix provides an easy way to get started with web development, and together with new Razor syntax for ASP.NET Web Pages it includes everything you need to get your web site up, running and integrated with many other sites and networks, in
a short period of time. The WebMatrix helpers are designed to make your life easier when creating web sites. They provide you a simple and consistent way of performing common web development tasks that otherwise would require a great deal of custom coding.
With a few lines of code you should be able to secure your web site using membership, store information in Windows Azure Storage, integrate your site with Facebook, among others things.
The Wufoo Helper for WebMatrix provides an easy way to integrate Wufoo forms and data into your WebMatrix site. It allows you to add Wufoo forms in your pages and integrate the data submitted in your forms by using
Getting Started in 60 Seconds
The helper mainly consists of a Wufoo.cshtml file, that should be placed in the
App_Code folder of your WebMatrix site. To use the helper follow these steps:
- If you haven't got an account, sign up for a free plan in Wufoo. Also create a new testing form!
- Download the helper package and extract its content in the root folder of your WebMatrix site.
- Start by obtaining your Wufoo API Key. To do this, log in to your Wufoo account, head to the Form Manager or
Forms tab, and click the Code button beneath any form. This will take you to the code manager where you’ll want to click the
API Information button to access your API credentials. On that page there should be a 16 digit code, which is your unique API key.
- Add the following line to the _AppStart.cshtml page of your WebMatrix site, replacing the
"your-user-name" placeholder with your Wufoo user name (or Subdomain if you've changed it) and setting your API key.
- In any WebMatrix page, add the following line to display a Wufoo form. To obtain the form hash value, head to the Form Manager or
Forms tab, and click the Code button beneath any form. Then click the
API Information button, in this page you'll find the list of your forms, each with the list of fields and the
Documentation and Samples
Helper reference is available here. Optionally, you can download a sample WebMatrix web site where you can see the helper in action. To download and run it with Microsoft WebMatrix, follow these steps:
- Download the sample site from the Download section. Extract the contents and open the folder in WebMatrix.
- Configure your Wufoo user name and API Key in the _AppStart.cshtml page.
- Run the sample! It contains code samples and examples of each feature provided by the helper.
Other Useful Resources
Don't miss the helper's getting started screencast.
You can find more information about Wufoo in
Learn more on WebMatrix, ASP.NET Web Pages and the Razor Syntax with the WebMatrix tutorials.